Friday, September 2, 2011

Classes, Projects and My To-Do List

It's September 2 and the cool weather is definately signaling the change of seasons.  It's been an odd summer weather wise but now that's all behind us and it's time for me to focus on upcoming classes and other loose ends such as learning how to put pictures on my blog.  I have a tendency to ignore technology until I need it so I'm almost always behind the times but some day soon there will be pictures of all sorts of things on my blog.  The pictures of my Welsh and English quilts will have to be scanned and so that basically boils down to just finding the time and someone to do it.   

A new class sample is just getting finished up for delivery to Ruby Street Quiltworks in Tumwater.  It's a 'tile applique' technique that I really love, it's super simple and beginner friendly.  Look for the class description on the Ruby Street Quiltworks website some time next week or so, I need to make a pattern off the quilt and deliver it to the shop at which time the class details and so on will be available on the website. 

I'm also teaching again at The Quilter's Junction in Centralia and one of my favorite classes is the beginning needleturn applique class.  I supply a kit for the class and it's all about learning the tricks and techniques for needleturn applique.  A lot of people make a big deal over needleturn as though it was some sort of torture process invented to torment would-be stitchers but that's just silly.  It's very satisfying and I've had the honor of watching many women become very skilled with needleturn.  But, most of all, they really enjoy the process.  Recently, I've had former students bring applique quilts that they've finished to show me and it's truly a thrill to see what they've accomplished, they inspire me.

Anyway, there are more classes in the works which I'll list in full as soon as a few details are worked out. So, until later....

It's time to make out the to-do list and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment