Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve, Sewing Borders On

Well, it's Christmas Eve and all through the house, it's quiet.  My hubby has gone to bed and the house is quiet.  We stayed home this evening rather than making the traditional trip to the lake house of my sister-in-law.  After years of driving up, we were just ready to stay home.  I've never been fond of being out on secondary roads on Christmas Eve, too many drivers have had some holiday 'cheer'.  They had a big snow last weekend and more snow is in the forcast tonight so it was a good choice to stay home and take it easy.  Netflix is crashed tonight so we dug through our dvds. I settled for one of Agatha Christie's Poirot.

I've been wrapping up a project that I've been working on for the past 9 months or so.  It's an applique quilt that was featured last Christmas in Quiltmania.  I got the blocks pieced last week and the borders ready so with time on my hands tonight, I sewed the borders on and hung it up on the wall to get a picture.

A picture of the quilt hanging on my make-shift design wall.  The clutter is normal but not desirable.  I usually do a sewing room purge and clean in January.  My way of starting a new year.

Now it's time to plan the quilting.  I've considered my options and find myself leaning toward having a long-arm quilter friend quilt it.  It'll be a first for me, I've always quilted my own either by hand or machine but I'm really wanting to just get this one finished.  I have a small wall quilt project ready 'on paper' that is waiting for me.

Happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment